Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folders Quotas and Email Notices

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathstar

MIS
Aug 28, 2001
CA
I have enabled quotas on my Exchange 2003 server for one of my Public Folders, size is always an issue for my users since they do not believe in archiving or deleting their emails on a regular base. What I would like is an email notice sent to a group of people when a certain public folder has reached a warning threshold that I set in place (50MB). Can this be done? As I said I have searched the net and was not able to find anything pertaining to email notices for public folders.

Thanking anyone who can help me out :eek:)

The problem is more than telling the users. What users are to be told and how does Exchange define it? Well, tells you that the messages are sent to the owners rather than the contributors. Chances are that all the punters in your org are just editors, reviewers and any other role /but/ an owner. Can you meet your requirements with just the owners being sent messages or not?

Thanks for the response Mark, I just have a followup question from your answer. Can you tell me if this also applies to Exchange 2003? If so than I will try this solution to see if I can get it to work. If this does not apply to 2003 would you have another alternative to have the email notices working?

Yeah, it's the same. I could have dug out the result for 2003 but the 2007 search results keep coming to the top as its the latest version and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back