Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public folders and sending as 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSperrin

Technical User
Dec 19, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I have set up a few public folders and mail enabled them. I want my users to have the ability to 'send as' for these public folders.

When I add the public folder to the from field from the gal i get the message 'You do not have permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user'. Why would I get this when I have given myself owner access to the folder?

Thanks
Martin

Surprising as that is, having the Owner role does not give you sufficient priviliges to 'Send As'.

In Exchange System Manager, you need to navigate to the 'Folders' folder that appears in your Exchange organization's folder. Then, find the folder in question, right-click it, and select properties. Navigate to the Permissions tab and click Directory rights... That will allow you to configure the Send As permission for the folder.

Excellent, works a treat.

Thanks jbud, have a star on me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back