Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folder views slow to update

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatzEye1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2004
GB
hi folks,

we have 5 people who have full access to emails coming in to 4 public folders, and part of the procedure is for whoever gets there first to MOVE a new email out of a folder into their own inbox to deal with.

problem is that the folders are slow to update themselves when this happens. for example someone moves an email out, but others can still see it in the public folder for up to 5 minutes after!!

any ideas as to whats causing this? soon as someone makes a change to a public folder it should replicate across more or less instantly, right?

Hi KatzEye1

Could I ask for a few details?

Are the users on the same exchange server? If not are the servers local to each other? What is the general size of the emails?

Grant

Grant Bradford

IT Infrastructure Analyst

HMLLP

hiya thx its 1 sbs 2003 server with 5 users, all local
emails are small ones sent by our website forms (client filled in forms etc)

Seems strange that it would take anytime at all as normally delays are caused when emails are replicated to different stores.

Not sure this will do anything but can you do this as a test?

Use exchange manafer and browse to the public folder instance that the emails are contained in.

Richt Click - properties

Replication tab

Change Public folder Replication interval to always run

Replication Message Priority to Urgent

Its been a while since I supported and maintained an exchange system that was only one box so im not too sure but if you try that and let me know ill have a think.

Grant Bradford

IT Infrastructure Analyst

HMLLP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back