Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folder Restore Question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACraib

MIS
Sep 7, 2001
GB
It it possible to restore an individual item that has been deleted from a public folder once the Deleted Item Retention period has passed ?

The only options I can come up with so far are

1) Restore backup of the PF stores to an off-line recovery server.

2) Use 3rd party tools against a restored copy of the EDB/STM files to extract all the data to PST files and then find the item in question.

If anyone has a better (quicker) solution I would be greatful.

Regards

Andrew

Exchange 2003 has a feature called Storage Recovery Groups that will allow you to mount a copy of the database on the same server.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Hi Mark

I'd looked at this but unfortunatley you can't restore a PF to a Recovery Storage Group.

Regards

Andrew

You need to mount the Public Store, not the individual public folder From the store level you can access the public folder and gain access to the specific folder items you then want.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back