Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public folder problem/question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HessA

MIS
Mar 17, 2005
US
I have a Public folder setup. It is mail enabled. I have securtiy working the way I want save 1 issue. If I email an attatchment to the folder or post a new conversation to the folder with an attachment the attachment is always read only. I am trying to post a simple Xcel log file I have that sits in the public folder that I can make updates to daily that the people given access can see. The people can access the folder and see the items fine but that attachment is read only no matter what I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

I am having this exact same problem.

I personally think it has something to do with inheritted permissions...

I will more into it over the next few days...

Cheers
TooEZ

Are you actually opening the post and then the attachment, or opening the attachment from the preview pane? I believe opening attachments from the preview pane opens them in read only mode.

Claudius (What certifications??)

Claudius,

You were right. I tend to use the preview pain way too much and that was the case. When opened from the email itself after opening the email it worked greats.

Thanks a ton,

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back