Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folder Mass Address Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpideySMJ

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
US
I'm not sure if this is even possible or not, but I thought I would ask. We are integrating a company we bought a few months back from their Exchange 5.5 server to our Exchange 2003 environment. They have their own server and their own Public Folder store. They currently have about 1000 public folders and we'll be moving them all over to their new server (export and import). Alot of these folders are mail enabled and critical for their business. However, once we move them into our environment their folders will all get tagged with our default addresses (let's call it company1.com). That in itself is fine, but we need to add addresses to all the folders that end with @company2.com. I'd hate to have to go through all those folders manually and make the change. Is there a simpler way to make this happen? Or am I just looking at a few hours of manual work?

"I reject your reality and substitute one of my own.

You can modify the RUS on your Exchange to get all email addresses as @company1.com and also @company2.com as well.

That is the email sorted.

Then create a trust between the 2 domains and make a replica then rehome it. In the middle of that, have the MX record changed to send emails up your line.

You can modify the RUS on your Exchange to get all email addresses as @company1.com and also @company2.com as well."

Wouldn't this then ad @company2.com to all of our existing mailboxes/folders/contacts/etc.?? I'd rather not add Company2.com to everything else in the process. Any other options?

Maybe I wasn't being specific enough...We only want to add the Company2.com addresses to the public folders we are bring over from their existing server. We DO NOT want to add that address to our existing public folders or other Exchange items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back