Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public folder mailbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespa61

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have a public folder that is used to accept general mail for our company in which multiple users check and respond to. My issue is that if one user checks/reads a new mail, only for that user is email marked as read, the other users it is still bold/marked as unread. Is there a setting so that once any user reads the email that it gets marked as read for all users? It confuses some of the users who check that mail folder and it would be nice to know whether that email has ben read and/or responded to.

THanks,
Ryan

Ryan Lindstrom
Tri-Star Engineering

"Adhere to your own act, and congratulate yourself if you have done something strange and extravagant, and broken the monotony of a decorous age." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Navigate to the public folder in System Manager, right click...properties....clear the "Maintain per-user read and un-read information for this folder" checkbox.

M.

Hollingside Technologies, Making Technology work for you.

mrscary, star for you! That was what I was looking for!

In Appreciation,
Ryan

Ryan Lindstrom
Tri-Star Engineering

"Adhere to your own act, and congratulate yourself if you have done something strange and extravagant, and broken the monotony of a decorous age." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back