Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folder Help Please - No Replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookcr

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
Ok, I realize I ask alot of questions but I need some help. Joined my new 2k3 exchange to 5.5 moved mailboxes and everything is working great. the problem is I cannot send mail between the servers so I only have 100 user I moved them all over and set up the new IMC. All of this works fine, mail is coming into and out of the org. I cannot get my public folders to replicate. When I set up the ADC it created a default public folder connector and I am not sure if it is working. When I run the PFmigrate utility i get the follow report:

This is the output after the 1st pfmigrate run:

Microsoft Exchange Public Folder Migration Tool

Wed Feb 25 15:57:05 CST 2004

Source Server: source Version 5.5 (Build 2653.23: Service Pack 4)
Target Server: target Version 6.5 (Build 6944.4)
WMI Server: target

Report Mode in progress.

Analysis of 0 folders with replica on 'source' completed.

0 folders without replica on 'target'.
0 folders with replicas on both servers.

Wed Feb 25 15:57:17 CST 2004

I am at a loss. I need to get these folders moved. If anyone knows of a step by step on setting the ADC for public folders I will start there. I found the same output for someone on the MS communities from mid December and no reply. You folks are always a good reference and I need it now. I think I have been told I can dump to a .pst but I cannot get that info back into the e2k3 server. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I should say that our old 5.5 server ran out of space and the MTA won't start, could this be a source of my problem. (I don't think so because I could not get this to replicate public folders in my test enviroment.) I moved sooner then planned so thanks in advance.

Rook

Rook - ever work this one out? I have similiar (from w2k to w2k3). cannot get public folders to replicate from 2000 to 2003 but can from 2003 to 2000. pfmigrate also shows 0 folders...

Thanks

Elliotm -

I never got any type of help or found anything. Fortunatly my public folder store was small and I exported all of the folders and imported them back in using my outlook client.

Rook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back