Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folder Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulorosa

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2003
PT
Hi, I'm having the following errors on public folders on a client, after I migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000:

-Event Error Begin------------------------------
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 9543
Date: 31-01-2003
Time: 10:02:41
User: N/A
Computer: SRVMAIL
Description:
Unable to create Public Folder proxy object for folder &quot;<folder>&quot; in the Active Directory.

For more information, click -Event Error End--------------------------------

-Event Error Begin------------------------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: Content Engine
Event ID: 12003
Date: 31-01-2003
Time: 9:52:04
User: N/A
Computer: SRVMAIL
Description:
Error 8004011B-82000387 occurred while processing message <message@site> with subject '<subject>' from '<sender>'.

For more information, click -Event Error End--------------------------------

Both happen (only) when I start the Exchange Services.

The initial scenario included an upgraded Win2000 domain in mixed-mode (let's say mixed.org). We created a child native domain (let's say native.mixed.org) to support public folder permissions. So far so good.

The problem is: the client re-used the DC from the domain 'native.mixed.com' without consulting us first. That's when all started to happen.

My question is: having an orphan child native domain (native.mixed.org) and an active mixed mode domain (mixed.org), how can I:
1) remove the child domain
2) solve the above issues on those public folders

NOTE: I checked the Active Directory and there already is some information about these same public folders on it.

Thanks in advance

Event ID: 12003 try Q246916

Event ID: 9543 try Q309793 , Q318552 , Q278441

Here is some info that I found additional

&quot;When a public folder is mail enabled, the Web Storage System needs to create an object in Active Directory for that folder. Usually this message indicates a permissions error in Active Directory. Review the Event Viewer for messages from the system attendant.&quot;

Also from newsgroup posts: &quot;If you try to pull up properties on the PF objects in ESM, do you get this error: The mail proxy for this folder can not be found. This may be due to replication delays. The mail enabled pages will not be shown. ID no: C1038a21 If so, are you running Win2k SP2? There was a fix for a problem that sounds a lot like this included in Win2k SP2. Alternately, ensure that your computer account is a member of the &quot;Exchange Domain Servers&quot; group in the Users container. In order for the RUS to process objects such as these PFs successfully, your computer account must be a member of this group, and the permissions for this group must be applied throughout the AD.&quot;

Nathan

Thank you Nathan, I'll check it out.

Best regards,
Paulo Rosa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back