Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSTN Diversion via sab

Status
Not open for further replies.

keefbeef

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2009
GB
Trying to set a diversion via sab, using rfd but it seems this isn't the way you do this and I can' find any other documentation showing how this is done. Any ideas or pointers in the right direction?

Is it possible to do this via MMI command or must it be done at the telephone handset.

I notice also that this will divert all calls (immediately), is it possible to set this up to divert on busy only?

Never realy tried it... I am an engineer and its things like this the customer tells you about....

But don't think it can be done from mmi and also why would you want to divert to an external number on busy? A number on the next desk maybe?

Mal.

I don't think that the Divert to sab was designed for for what you are trying to achive, Divert on busy can be used to divert external, this can be done from the telephone or by RFD but AED needs to be in the COS.

Mal.

You can set a divert to SAB at Rev 9 with the RUCF command in the format shown below.

RUCF 2650 SAB 0199

For SAB (System Abbreviated Dialling)

Immediate Divert to PSTN. Extension must have AED and ADP COS

Switch Settings

1. Log onto system MMI.

2. Invoke command LSAB<A> to find a spare index.

3. Invoke command RSAB<Index><9PSTN or mobile number>

User Set Up

1. Pick up handset and key #*91<Index Number>. User will hear interrupted dial tone which confirms successful set up. Now all calls to this extension will be immediately diverted to the designated number.
Note: The caller may experience a few seconds of silence.

2. To clear the divert, key ##9.

3. The divert cannot be applied remotely but can be removed remotely by an operator on the network.

For SAB (System Abbreviated Dialling)

Immediate Divert to PSTN. Extension must have AED and ADP COS

Switch Settings

1. Log onto system MMI.

2. Invoke command LSAB<A> to find a spare index.

3. Invoke command RSAB<Index><9PSTN or mobile number>

User Set Up

1. Pick up handset and key #*91<Index Number>. User will hear interrupted dial tone which confirms successful set up. Now all calls to this extension will be immediately diverted to the designated number.
Note: The caller may experience a few seconds of silence.

2. To clear the divert, key ##9.

3. The divert cannot be applied remotely but can be removed remotely by an operator on the network.

If it is a fixed mobile number then why not RFD to the mobile. That way you can control the type of calls to divert. You will need to alter SNVL to 2 each time you want to change and if V9 then divertee type (eg. E for external) must be declared - this prompt is not requested just stick it on the end of your RFD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back