Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSTN calls without using an access code

Status
Not open for further replies.

brgf11

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
GB
All,

What would be required to set up a DN so that an access code was not required when making PSTN outgoing calls.
i.e. instead of dialling (9)0044 234 567 etc
they would dial 0044 234 etc.
This is required for use with an ADSL modem which does not support prefix numbers (which seems wierd to me)

Or is it the modem doesn't like second dial tone?..Hmmm

Any help is much appreciated

Regards
Jimbo

you can stop the secondary dail tone on the routes

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

i've had to do that on almost the same app. just make the analog hot d 1 9, by adding that feature the ext will auto dial a 9 as soon as the line is picked up. i have one in the switchroom, it works just like an outside line, except you can reach it via 4 digit dn, to call another phone in the switchroom you have to dial 7 digits

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Also, your switch may already have an XLST setup for fax machines or modems. Take a look at their record.

All - thanks for the info.

John - Thanks for the tip about HOT line.
As this is to be used with an ADSL modem how/would the carrier still be able to 'breakout' the channel used by the ADSL modem DN?

My knowledge of ADSL is only on home phone lines.

Regards
Jimbo

yes it should not effect the normal operation of the channel, just insert 9 in the dial string. this is used when the installer on the app does not know how to change the far end dial string

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,

Isn't a PHYSICAL connection required for ADSL?
How would this be done on an unknown channel on a 2Mb pipe?

Apologies if this is annoying. I just haven't grasped this yet.

Regards
Jimbo

the adsl i have worked with always use the same two or 4 channels.. are you using misp cards or voip?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,

Thats just it - the customer has not requested an ISDN/BRI line, but an analogue line. Hence my confusion.

Thanks for your help

I'll get the customer to clarify their requirement!!

Regards
Jimbo

You can use a pre-translation table for the extenstion where the ADSL modem is connected.

I don't know exactly how to set it up any more but it's descibed in the feature guide.

It works with Speed Call Lists.

GRTZ, Jacco

Pretranslation Tables are explained in NTP 553-3001-306 Page 385, this documents the procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back