Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PST Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

briteeyez

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2001
EC
hI All

Everytime I try to export a PST I get the following error "Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or copied or access is denied." Wwhy is this occuring?

Please help. I am using Exchange 5.5.

Thanks

I have been doing this during the last few days and got the same error message.

Sometimes re-trying worked and on one occasion it was because of the read receipts.

To get around it, I created a personal folder and moved the mailbox over manually.

Obviously - if there is a lot of mailboxes giving you this error, then my suggestion would become just a bit annoying.

Try deleting the Read receipts first though !

You might try turning off any virus protect software, at least temporarily, to see if the copies work. If so, your virus software might have to be reconfigured (such as from MAPI/VAPI mode to just MAPI mode).

Please note that if you are trying to repopulate mailboxes on a new server, that there must be something in the new mailbox before anything will be imported into it. You can ensure this is the case by simply sending a test message to all recipients.

Try using SCANPST.exe utilty which should be within your Outlook directory someplace. If not it's on the Office CD.

If SCANPST fatals out, then you've probably got a virus embedded in one of your messages. To resolve, go into your antivirus program and have it scan compressed files down to 10 levels. If still no go, then you'll have to resort to a third-party PST fix util. There are a couple out on the net.

Good luck!

This error can also happen in the following scenerios:

1. When a virus scan product is installed on the Exchange server and an initial "full store" scan is not performed. The virus scan tries to scan every message that you try to export and it cannot keep up so it gives the error message. If you are using McAfee virus scan products, the solution is for the system administrator to run a full information store scan.

2. If you do not have "write" access rights to where you are trying to export to or if a folder in your .pst file is too large. Each folder in a .pst file can contain a maximum of 16,384 items and the total file size of a .pst file cannot exceed 2 Gigabytes (GB).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back