Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

psql2000i full install needs previous version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2007
US
We put up a fresh, Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 server so we could test a psql2000i to Pervasive v9.1 upgrade. The psql2000i (file name is P2000i_SP4_Full_NT.zip) refuses to install insisting that it needs a previous version. This is suppose to be a full install without need for a previous version, and we have used this on other servers on our network. Any idea why this problem is happening? Thanks.

Mark

At what point do you get the error?
WHat's the exact error?
Is the ZIP file from Pervasive or is it from a third party app?
It has been a while but I don't remember PSQL 2000i SP4 being available as a full install but only as a patch. Are you sure it's a full install? HOw big is the ZIP file? What about the unzipped size?

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Thank you for your response. The file is indeed a full install from Pervasive and we have solved our problem. It appears that while unzipping it, something happened to the files, which caused the problem for us. We did another unzip and tried it on another server, and it now will install. Thank you again for your response.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back