Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSPPhotoX2ultimate .. linking My PSP plugins folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

peskygirl

Technical User
Oct 26, 2008
AU
The *Ultimate* version wouldn't instal over my previous version of PSPPhotoX2 (message to uninstall previous version came up) so I uninstalled and installed the new one.

My problem is linking *My PSP Files .. plugins* as a file location in my Preferences. I go through the process and when it comes to clicking OK it won't! Everything else like brushes, masks etc. automatically added the My PSP folders.

I have a Toshiba A300/500 laptop and Vista Home Premium.

I emailed Corel with the above problem and they pretty much said it wasn't their problem and suggested links to forums I could try to help find the answer. I am not that computer literate!

Thanks for any help ..

Hilary

Just in case anyone is interested .. I contacted Corel again and this was my reply!

"Thank you very much for your e-mail.

Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate is a modified version of Paint Shop Pro X2.
It has more features added into it and as such could perform differently as compared to it Standard sibling.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions.

Kind regards,
Corel Customer Support"

Corel sure has a sense of humor...

Will adding a new location to other tools work (any path will do for testing purposes)? If the OK button doesn't work for other tools either, it could be an installation issue as far as I can tell.

I gave up a long time ago trying to get sense from Corel; but the program is good. I decided (several versions ago) that the plugins folder should be accessible and conveniently placed when upgrading etc. So I have placed a folder named "Plugins" on the desktop. Then go to file - preferences - file locations. Scroll down to "plug-ins" and click. The Corel plugins folder path is already in the RH pane. Click "add"; enter the path to the desktop file; make sure that "enable" and "use sub-folders" boxes are ticked. Click OK. Add your new plugins to the desktop folder.

Any plugins you install will be found on the Effects Menu - as will Corel's own pretty inadequate starter set. Nearly all Photoshop plugins work in PSP. A good source of info on plugins is the Harold Heim site.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back