Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSP7 layer names in Layer Palette gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaedesofnight

Technical User
May 19, 2007
My problem: When I open an image in Paint Shop Pro 7 with layers, the Layer Palette will not show me the name of all the layers. It still lists them, but the name is gone. This means that right-clicking won't allow me to alter or easily switch between layers anymore, and it also no longer highlights the current layer that I have selected

It shows only the layer opacity, blend mode, and whether transparency is locked or not.

-
This started a week or so ago, though I'm not sure how. I thought it may have been a cat jumping on the keyboard but no keyboard shortcuts seemed to link to the problem. I looked through every option I could find in psp and still couldn't find anything that seemed appropriate. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling on a different hard drive, but the problem is still there.

I tried asking for help on an art forum too but most people there used photoshop and so couldn't help me. So, can anyone here help me or point me to a place that might be able to?

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Mine does the exact same thing on one of my computers at home. Both running XP Home but only one has this glitch. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back