Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSP XI update won't install

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaycup

Technical User
Feb 7, 2003
GB
I have downloaded the latest update for PSP XI but it won't install, it invites me to do so but when I click on the install option the update screen vanishes, each time I open the program I am prompted to install, I am going round in circles. i have tried to get an answer from the web-site (corel) but so far without luck. the program is running perfectly normally and this has never happened before. Can anyone offer a solution?.

each time I open the program I am prompted to install

From this I assume that you have downloaded the update through PSPP's own update function - which doesn't work.

You have to download the update from Corel's site and then install it by double-clicking on the supplied setup file (the same process that you follow when installing a "normal" software).

thanks for the tip, I will try this. I did get the update from the link on the PSPro 'Help' tab. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks again

Just letting you know that worked. I downloaded the update manually from the web-site and it installed without problem. I wonder why they offer an automatic update service and it does not work?. I have the same problem with Nero so maybe I should have remembered that.
Many thanks again for the help.

I'm glad to know that it worked =)

I wonder why they offer an automatic update service and it does not work?

For some reason Corel is really messing up Paint Shop Pro. The same problem happened with the previous version, although the amount of bugs in XI before the patch was much higher than in X.

I don't know about Nero, but I always recommend manual updates even if the software is OK - it gives the user a little bit more control over what's happening with their system ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back