Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSN - 20277 Changing Announcements and Audio Groups May Corrupt Your System 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbojimbo

Vendor
Jul 2, 2002
US
In CM6/7 making changes to the Group/Board and Source fields for announcements without having the VAL/MG Annc boards busied out may cause corruption of your system.

Making changes without having the boards busied out is no longer supported. CM6.3 SP16(to be released in March) and CM7.0.1.2.0(23523) will not let you make changes without busying out the boards.

If the announcement is part of a group, can you just busy one board at a time, to stay in service?

Nope. I'm complaining. Only real way around it is to double up on announcements and name them 10001.wav, 10002.wav, etc and pop the .wav files in the boards later.

Changes to “Group/Board” and “Source” fields on the announcement System Access Terminal (SAT) form (“add announcement” and change announcement”) are no longer allowed if a TN Circuit Pack or Media Gateway Media Module (board) is specified in the field and the board is not busied out. If an audio-group that includes boards is specified in the field it cannot be changed without first busying the boards either. If changes are attempted without busying the the board(s) an error message specifying the board must be busied out is received. If the CM release is 7.x and the Source is an Avaya Aura® Media Server there is no impact.

Has anyone actually had this issue? I've been adding/changing announcements for 6 years (6.3.SP14 the last 2 years) and never had a problem. We run 70-90 announcements in a group across 14 G450s. Is there some specific process or active feature that causes this to happen?

What I had heard was that something about using the new media server as an announcement source had needed some patching and that code had made it into CM7 and the later ends of 6.3. That's what caused the higher likelihood of corrupting your VAL/gateway announcements and they'd planned the March service packs of 6.3 and 7 to forbid adding/removing announcements before busying out the board/group first.

I've also heard that they're backing out of that idea, so we'll all be able to add and remove announcements on our TN2501s and G450s like we always have because it was a terrible idea to begin with.

They are backing out , this new bullshit "feature" has caused some shockwaves and tier 4 cofirmed that they are undoing the change , if i was a synick i would say this was an attempt to get people to upgrade to media servers and CM7 , but im not so i wont. :)

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

According to Avaya, expect to see an updated patch by May to allow you to administer announcements as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back