Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSERVER AUTHENTICATION AGAINST ACTIVE DIRECTORY

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianz24

MIS
Sep 17, 2007
US
I have CVS installed on an RHEL 4 box. The box has been configured using Winbind to authenticate users against an Active Directory domain. I am able to login to the Linux box using the Active Directory usernames and passwords, no problem.

When I try to connect through PServer using a local username/password (in the /etc/password file), it works fine. If I try to login using an Active Directory account, authentication fails.

It recognizes the username, but isn't liking the password.

Can anyone help?

thanks!

Have you looked at using the sspi protocol rather than the pserver one? We use that together with samab and winbind so all cvs user names and passwords are dealt with by the active directory of the domain.
I think that if you have winbind working for the logins on "the box" it should be simple to get sspi working as well.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." --- Douglas Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back