Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pseries aix cert (exam 191)? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2003
IN
Hi guys,

I am new here. I normally post on the ccna forum. Got quite a bit of hands on since past 6 months on rs 6000's. Currently using the ibm redbook quite copious (512 pages) specifically made for the 191 exam. Any other online resources anyone can sugesst?. And this forum seems to attracting very less traffic. This forum feels almost dead and deserted compared to the ccna forum where there are more than a dozen post per day. Is there some other forum out there which is atracting all th aix certification specific traffic. If so please let me. Thx in advance.

Vikram
SAP BASIS R3\IBM AIX\Tivoli Administrator, CCNA

Hi Vikram,

You're right, this forum doesn't attract much traffic. In answer to your question, I found the IBM redbook to be the best source to prepare for the exam. I was a HP-UX sys admin when I got thrown into an AIX environment. I read the book from cover to cover and after about 8 months of on the job experience I took the 191 exam and passed.

Good luck!
Ron

Vikram, did you find any sample tests for the 191 test?
I found one on the IBM site, are there any others?

The link is wrong, it should be (one more 0)

thanks for the link, i will take the test today (in 2 hours) so i don't have time to check it.

I bought sample test from $20 for 78 questions, almost all of them are in the sample test on the IBM site and in the RedBook regarding 000-191 test so i wasted $20 on nothing, hope that testrac are doing better job...

I bought 000-191 from 2bcertified and pass the test. I bought 310-012 and passed it without problem too. My next step will be to pass HP Storage exam.

There is a sample on IBM's site. As long as you have read through the Redbook, you will be fine.

Hello
I am preparing for AIX191 exam. Can some provide me brian dumps about that exam or atleast tell me that which topics are not included in the test?

Thanks
UKADMIN

ukadmin,
Requesting brain dumps is not going to help you here. We have all worked very hard for the certs we have. Asking us to break the contract we all sign prior to the test is not right and is the reason why certifications are all overrated now. Read the redbook and you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back