Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSDL Sync Won't Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJSR8R

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2008
US
Hello, I installed one of the latest MGC loadware patches on a HA CS1000E running 7.5 and it is stuck in a PSDL Sync state. When I try to lwinst the next one the system says "PSDL Sync in progress wait until completed." Does anyone know a command to suspend or stop the process? I have to INI the system tonight anyway to activate some patches I installed so we'll see if that helps.

Will this help?

Nortel has had several sites report problems upgrading to new loadware
Sites are High Availability in redundant mode
Sites report after requesting loadware update the system responds with PSDL SYNC in progress but never completes
Single CP system unaffected
High Availability systems in split or single mode unaffected

Analysis:
Patch MPLR25913 can cause 'PSDL SYNC is in progress try later' when attempting to add or remove loadware patches in a redundant CS1000E. This does not happen if the system is NOT a redundant high availability (HA) system or is split when the loadware is loaded. Removing (poos) the patch MPLR25913 or splitting the cores will enable the loadware to be installed normally.
MPLR25913 is not defective
A base issue with loadware patching is under investigation

Recommendations:
Use the following workaround:
Removing (poos) the patch MPLR25913 or splitting the cores will enable the loadware to be installed normally.

Required Actions:
If site is HA redundant system
1 remove (poos) patch MPLR25913
2 install the new loadware
Once loadware upgrade complete
3 reinstall (pins) patch MPLR25913

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

We are HA and I will see if that patch is in service. I did an INI last night and split then re-joined the cores but did not try lwinst with the cores split. I will try and let you know if it works.

Thanks!!

Well, our system is running 7.5 and when I look at the patch on espl it damn sure is for that very issue. It is supposed to be fixed in lab release 5.75 which means 6.0 GA would be good. Which then of course means it should be good on 7.5 too. I wonder if this is a bug in 7.50. I have a case open and am waiting a response from the Engineer. There was another case about this in the forum so when I get the final solution I will update again.

Thanks again for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back