Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSD FILE TAKING AGES TO SAVE, WHY??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am working with psd's roughly 30mb in size A4 size - 200dpi but when ever I try to save the changes it takes nearly 3 minutes to save. I am wondering if there is some setting in photoshop which I have to reset or something?
Also transformations are taking a considerable time to complete. My computer runs on win 98 which has just beeen reinstalled so there should not be any performance issues and there is loads of free space. I'm beinging to loose it! so if anyone has any helpful suggestions I would be extremely greatful for your help, many thanks, mel.

do a search for invisible files over 10megs. You might find a bunch of files with photoshop icons but long cryptic filenames. If you find those, they are temp files that didnt get deleted. they're useless, unless of coarse you have photoshop running at the time.

You might have plenty of 'scratch disk' space but have you got enough RAM allocated to the program?

It's straightforward enough to change on the Mac, but I have no idea how the memory is handled on the PC I'm afraid, although I'm pretty sure you'll be hearing from someone that does!

Alfie.

Yeah, PC User here

Inside of photoshop: Edit->Preferences->Memory and Image Cache-> Physical Memory Usage. 50 or 75% is normal. The Jhereg
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
I never lie.
I'm building a reputation for honesty so I can blow it when something big comes along... This ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back