Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSA is activated, but refuses to work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radetzky

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2004
PL
Hi,

I've enabled PSA on two test stations, and I am even able to change the security access code from the phone, but when I dial 25 (my PSA associate FAC) and then 1234#12345# I can hear two confirmation tones but followed by waive off tone. Of course nothing happens. When I am trying to dissociate the station using code 26, which was assigned as my dissasociate code, also I can hear two tones followed by waive off tone, and the station remains unchanged. I've tracked all the posts in this forum regarding PSA issues, but I've found no answer. I am stuck :-(

Radetzky

Radetzky

I have PSA and I press the dissociate code and bang set is out of service. No further codes necessary. On the associate I press the code+extension+security code. I receive the 3 tone confirmation tones and bang set is in service.

Now check on your disp sys cust pages (money Pages) that the proper field is set to y
Personal Station Access (PSA)? y

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Of course, I do not add anything to dissociate code, but it simply does not work. On the associate, I do exactly as it should be (FAC+extension#securitycode).
The question is: what do you hear after i.e. dissociate code? two tones and silence OR two tones and waveoff tone?
Because I can hear waveoff tone, and it doesn't work.
After associate sequence I do not hear 3 tone confirmation but two tones and again waveoff tone.
I've checked the disp sys cust pages before I did start playing with PSA, and it is enabled. Then
I am really confused, because in theory it should work. I've also enabled PSA on all COSes. I use G3V6.

Radetzky

Radetzky
After I press the dissociate code I hear 2 beeps then Lites on the set go dark. On associate FAC-->dial tone-->EXT#-->silence-->securitycode# three beeps.

This might sound silly but you are adding the # after the extension and the security code.

Otherwise I am stumped

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

I am adding this hash sign, so I am confused too.
Maybe there's something wrong with station configuration?
What is the difference between configuring station to static port and configuring for PSA (except security code)?

Radetzky

Is tti enabled on page 2 of change system-parameters features? If not, PSA will not work.

-CL

could you tell a little more about your situation.
Like what kind of system/software you have.
Do you have a datamodule on your station programmed ?
Did you change the COS for that station ?

maybe some silly questions but all information will help.
greets, Bob

Hah! The information from lopes1211 helped. TTI was not enabled which caused associate/dissociate codes not to work. Thanx!

Bob, it is quite standard system. G3csiV6. No data modules. Phones are 64xxD/D+ series. I've already changed the COS on the stations that I required and with TTI enabled it works fine!

Radetzky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back