Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PS7 resized window chages

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonytohono

Technical User
Jun 16, 2003
US
SO I like a window that is not full screen so I can see my desktop, let's just say. I resize my Photoshop window (in 7, never had this problem with 6) and then I turn off my computer, go to the store, buy some ice cream, what-the-heck-ever. I come home, cuz while I was out I took a really bitchin' picture of this girl with a, well, you know what I mean. Anyway I turn on Photoshop and here it comes, the window is no longer resized how "I" like it. It is now resized to a nearly maximumized (but not quite) window. I've tried all of this 'save my workspace' crap and none of that works. Even when I go to my workspace it has no effect on the restored window state. This pisses me off. I hate it. I want to smack Photoshop around. Can anyone help me? Is it even Photoshop that is responsible or maybe I should blame those Microsoft culprits of evil who designed my XP operating system. Anyone out there that thinks this, but offers no solution (other than going Mac) need not reply. Thanks. hehe

Hi,

Which window are you referring to? Are you referring to photoshop as a whole that is layered ontop of the desktop. Or are you talking about an image window within photoshop?

If you mean photoshop in general, then it should just open to the size you had it open as last (unless you have a window sizer prog).

If you mean the image windows within photoshop then you can't change that. Those always open by keeping the redundat background space as minimal as possible. There is no setting to have those open up a particular size.

Hope this helps!

Nate

mainframe.gif

I mean the size of the program window. Not the file that is open in the window. Usually the reduced window remains the same way it was the last time it was open. It doesn't in this case. And I find that mighty frustating when it constantly reverts to a size almost full screen. I also notice that my filter settings revert to default each time I open Photoshop instead of retaining the setting I last used them as. I don't get it. Never in PS 5, 5.5 or 6. This 7 thing is screwed up. Thanks for trying.

Probably it is not Photoshop's settings about the window problems. It is in XP settings, XP is very stubborn in many ways, because everything seems automatic.

If you are referring to the "icons" below the screen, it is in the XP settings- with desktop- I not sure.

Oh I get it! Windows 98 does that kinda restoring how you last resized your window with whatever application you used.

So it's XP to blame.

About default settings you can save settings in Photoshop. Or if you already did, try reinstalling the program.

Hope It helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back