Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PS6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacelyn

Programmer
Feb 1, 2001
SG
can i know the distinctive different between ps5.5 and 6?
Therefore i can say to my lecturer in school, the different and the advantage disadvantage in them.
My project done in school is the aging processes, changing of hair, resize in the features, etc.regarding to faces images.

Therefore i need information more related to the project, so i can tell my lecturer during my presentation.

Thanx you!!!

the distinction can be made by mostly frequent and good photoshop user. If you dont know photoshop at all, it doesnt really matter until you get use to the interface. Like any other product etc, it gets better each time. There are coloured layers and you can have layer sets. You can write words and have bend and twist it around, couldnt be done before.

Most important question to ask is what are you going to be using it for? graphics or text base?

One of the main improvements I found was the ability to leave text & speach 'notes' on your work, you can even put them near a specific part of an image, giving instructions on what must be changed on an image etc.

This is usefull for our web design company in that it helps keep track of changes made to images as there are sometimes 2 or 3 of us all working on the same project, using the same PSDs.

Also, the custom shapes tool is a massive improvement, especialy for people who are into customising things like that. You can make your own vector shapes making it easier to keep a theme to a site, and also adding hundreds of creative possibilties.

Photoshop 6 is a much improved product. There still are a few things that need to be worked into it but they are getting there.

You have the Styles palette, extremely handy. You can create your own unique styles and save them.

You have the option of applying fx to a layer or the whole doc.

Text is always editable as in a text editing program and you can now apply a variety of curves.

You can create animations and open up Image Ready to complete them.

Setting up for the Printing process is much improved and more up to date.

You can create patterns and have them always available in a palette.

You have Liquify.

You have vector shapes and rasterize.

You have web stuff as well.

There's probably more as well but I can't remember them at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back