Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PS4 saving printer settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyTDS

Technical User
Mar 22, 2006
SE
Hi guys,
Just registered here. Seems like a place for some good tips and info.

Here's a problem that's driving me mad.

PS4 running on W2k w/ all hofixes, CP4 with the january rollup-pack. We use Published apps only.
I have a printer policy that uses old-style naming, forces citrix to map all client printers, saves settings in users profile (roaming) and sets the clients default printer as default. No driver installs and use UPD for those drivers that are missing.

Now, things had been working great for a while.
The problem began when I added a few new users and discovered that their custom printer settings are not being saved! I log on as user test1, edit the code page on my generic / text only printer and log off. Then I log back on and the setting is back to default.

I have tried the following in desperation:
* Removed three HP drivers that had been installed since everything worked.
* Reapplied the latest rollup-pack from January.
* Double checked reg-key "DefaultPrnFlags" located here: HKLM\software\citrix\print and it is set to 0x08004000
* Removed all printer policies. Made a new one with only the most important settings (those described above).

Rebooted the machines a few times in between different tests.

Any ideas or tips are appreciated! I'm going nuts over this!
Point me in the right direction please!

Sorry for double post but I didn't see any edit options.

After a long sleepless night I think I found something. If I set the policy to save on the client first, then to profile, it works! This solves my problems for all Windows clients which is a step forwards. But all our thin clients will still have problems.

Is this a bug then? Can anyone else confirm? When might the next rollup-pack arrive?

Hi,

Yes, actualy is a bug!! Have a look on citrix web site. They released a Patch special for that issue and ... others.

Cheers,
Cris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back