Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ps ver 6 renaming files

Status
Not open for further replies.

airpix

Technical User
Apr 4, 2003
US
How would I add a name "proof" to files I'm batch processing? I've gone to automate / batch and typed the additional name I'd like added to the original file name but it doesn't seem to work! Destination: "folder" and when I type proof in the first box (there are 6 boxes, the other 5 are blank)and click ok it performs the batch process but doesn't rename. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Airpix

well thats because thats not what the batch feature for. it is for making files all the same dimentions, resolution, style, ect. it can't just tack on the word "proof" to the existing file name because it would think you want to rename all of the files "proof" and more than one file with the same extention can't have the same name. the place that you typed in "proof" will only make the word "proof" appear in the additional information part of the file.
you'll have to tack it onto the file names individually which is easier if you do it from windows explorer(my computer) or the file browser equivalant on a mac
hope there aren't alot of them

Thanks RallyPC, now I get it.
Airpix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back