Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PS 4.5 server joins Ad domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Feb 16, 2007
US
Hi,

we have 3 PS servers, one of them was joined to AD already and the other two were not.
PS1: AD
PS2: in workgroup (this is the most preferred data collector)
PS3: in Workgroup (Preferred)

Issue, when I add PS1 to ad, I no longer can connect to the publish application, it says "the connection to the application is broken" thoughts?

Many thanks,

Permissions to a published apps is by user or group - which changes since on PS1 it is now an AD user/group instead of a local one.

Maybe you should also check that the domain users group has been added to the Remote Desktop Users group.

Can you RDP to the server as an Domain Admin?

Colin

Your Life & Tech

no, I can't rdp to the server at all as an Domain Admin; do I guess I really need to domain users to Remote Desktop Users group or it won't work at all. any idea why I need to add it to the rdp group?

Many thanks,

I would also check domain/group policy as we had an isssue recently with a Citrix server moved into AD and could not RDP to it. A change had to be made to the Domain Policy to allow Administrator rights for remote login.

Simon.

Joining a domain after Citrix is installed can cause many problems all the way from premissions to TS licensing. I tried this once in a test enviroment and gave up shortly after and reinstalled citrix after joining the domain. I would back up your configurations, reinstall citrix, then restore your configs. But no matter what you should backup your configs before doing anything else, expecially if these are production servers.

John Sorensen
Network/Systems Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back