Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prune Job failing on SQL DB E4101... (DATABASE=ARCSERVE, EC=5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrick

MIS
Oct 14, 2002
US
Full message in arcserve.log:

E4101 Unable to login to database engine. (DATABASE=ARCSERVE, EC=5)

This occurs when my DB Pruning job attempts to run. This is the only error that I find, the job "LogID" increments each time I attempt to re-run the job, but no job log is actually created.

Because the prune job doesn't run, my arcserve DB continues to grow, and the lag when attempting to do a by-session restore is increasing.

I've tried setting the MSSQL User Account to a domain account/password that is defined as db admin for the arcserve database within MSSQL, but no luck. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have you tried using the local sa account? Program Files>ARCserveServerAdmin>Admin>MS SQL user account confirm that ARCserve is using the sa account.

The account was originally setup for the SA account on the domain(which doesn't exist) when the problems started. The SQL server is actually on another machine and there is not a local NT SA account on either machine.

Have the database engine start as the domain\user account instead of LocalSystem.

Thanks for the advice jabus, but when I try setting the database service to start as domain\user, I recieve the error:

Unable to logon as user. (USER=COMPANY\arcserve, EC=PRIVILEGE NOT HELD)

The user in question has start as service, log on to local machine, log on as batch process, and access via the network rights. When the service is changed to run as domain\user, the username listed in the event viewer coincides with the username entered as the arcserve system account. Normally these are the same, but I tested with another account to see where the error was pulling its information from.

Any other ideas / suggestions?
Thanks

Run the Data source ( ODBC ) in the administrative tools.

Choose the System DSN tab ..

Pick ASNT and click on the configure button

Choose the SA account and run till the end.

At the last window choose "Test Data source" ..

Once the connectivity is set ...

Then run SETUPSQL.exe in the arcserve folder

when it prompts you to overwrite database choose NO...

Hope this helps.

DatabaseBaba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back