Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ProxyPass help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak81

Programmer
Apr 2, 2012
US
Hello All,

I am new to Apache web server and its configuration. I have a very simple question and I think most of you would have a ready answer for my question :)

I am developing an application that will be part of a container application. The container application handles the user authentication part. My application would receive the authentication information and I will use that to show/hide parts of my application. The container application is on an integration machine and my application is currently on my local. I cannot run the container application on my local machine.

My question is - can i point the link to my application on the container application to my local machine using ProxyPass or ProxyPassReverse? The link on the container application to my application is . I was trying to do something like this:

ProxyPass /myapp/ ProxyPassReverse /myapp/
Will something like this work?

Also, the user information is stored in session by the container app. Will I have access to that information?

Thanks in advance

AK

That will work for simply proxying the app on your localhost back and forth, but if you want something more elegant where you can pass additional data and are using tomcat, you should check out mod_jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back