Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgscit

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
AU
Hi folks,

Is there a way of giving all the IE5 & IE6 browsers a proxy server other than going to each machine individually?

I'm not running MS Proxy Server or ISA server, so creating an automatic script is possibly out of the question.

Am I able to add the proxy to the login script or is there a way of doing a registry hack or what other options do I have?

Thanks,

Pete.
[morning]

If you are using w2k with AD, you can use the security policy to accomplish this (there is a setting for it).

If not, it is just a change of a couple of registry keys. On a workstation, fill in a dummyname for proxy and after that, search for this name in the registry. You can also use a tool which monitors the registry before/after you edit the settings.

if you can, use ZEN or SMS or something similar to distribute the reg-changes....

Regards, Ferdinand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back