Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy Server UCA 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich14

Technical User
Nov 17, 2008
GB
UCA 4 3300 4.2

UCA 4 cannot contact internet/AMC at customers premises.
I installed the MSL and UCA 4 and "synched" app record of site and all worked fine.
The customer has a proxy server installed and now I cannot get to the internet.
Can anyone advise on how to change or set the proxy server, In the "show config" page I can see a proxy server but the port is the wrong number.
Any help would be appreciated.

What version of Mitel Linux are you using? In 9.2 I believe you can now put a proxy .

Running MSL 9.2

When starting a fresh install there is a proxy setting that can be input. This prompt is only visable the first time you run a synch to register with the AMC.
Problem I have is the server is up and running and I cannot see where to enter the proxy information.
The customer requires additional licences, do you know if the offline synch / licence process will work for additional licences or does it only work for the initial setup.

Hi

You could always, deactivate the servicelink, clear the hardware ID on the AMC and then you will get the promtp back for the proxy? Not as complicated as it sounds?

Offline licecing SHOULD work for additional licences but have had problems in the past, think the offline licencing is still fairly new. Can try it though, might be just me!

Thanks for the update, will give the offline a try and if that fails will try deactivating servicelink.
Not back onsite for 2 weeks, will update then.

Tried to do an offline synch and failed. When i ran the batch file on another computer with internet access it seemed to hang and then dropped completely.
Tried on different computers.
The log files showed the following.

Starting activation at Tue Jun 20 12:56:18 2011
The server's host key is not cached in the registry. You
have no guarantee that the server is the computer you
think it is.
The server's rsa2 key fingerprint is:
ssh-rsa 1024 98:0a:ff:26:dc:63:0f:8b:38:5a:8f:c3:26:d4:b1:d3
Connection abandoned.
Timeout occurred - aborting.
Sync failed at Tue Jun 20 12:57:51 2011

It appears I was connecting with Mitel but the information was incorrect.
Any ideas please.

No

Same server, if you do a normal online synch you do not need to clear the hardware ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back