Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy Server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnagollum

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2001
GB
I have Proxy Server 2 installed. For some reason the services keep stopping, all except for winsock proxy!

There is no apparent pattern to this, sometimes it will go a day without stopping, sometimes it will bomb out 4 times a day.

I'm really stuck with this, can anyone help?

Thanks

Just a quick one how much disk space have you got left on your server?

I have about 2.5 GB left on the hard drive

I had the same issue before do you have it installed on a same machine as a PDC or Directory server there are some Q articles on microsofts website. I had to go into registry and change the settings for the way TCP is seen by the server. It might be same issue I don't have article on me but if this applies than I'm sure I can find it for you. But I did have to constantly restart all the services and some times they wouldn't even restart unless I rebooted or played with the sequence of services that I restarted.

Faisal
MCSE, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back