Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwapSawe

Programmer
Apr 24, 2001
US
Hi there!!!

I have a strange issue, at hand

Scenario:
Our clients have three LANs guarded by three different proxy. We configure their IE to match appropriate proxy and the applications run fine. Now they have this "bad" habit of pulling out workstations from one LAN and hook it up to another LAN. When this happens, for sure the proxy settings mismatch and the node cannot access internet any more.

Question:
Now do we have something using which we do not have to manually change the IE settings when the LAN changes, something like alternate proxy settings or automatic detection of proxy.

I am stuck, please help.

TIA/SwapSawe.

Did i happen to create confusion? Am I not clear?? Tell me [sadeyes]

SwapSawe.

Cheer Up, The worst is yet to Come.

Use Group Policy of script the changes.
This freeware utility will make the scripting changes for the proxy settings automatic:
The obvious question is why the site does not standardize on one proxy software.

Thanks, seems that it would do the work let me try it, however you stumped me when u said,

bcastner said:
The obvious question is why the site does not standardize on one proxy software

I do not think i could understand the above statement.

Regards,
SwapSawe.

Hi !!!

I finally resolved the issue using Proxy Autodetection feature of IE. I have also posted an faq which gives an idea as in how to resolve it. faq608-5768

Regards,
SwapSawe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back