Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy dont change for others

Status
Not open for further replies.

dth71

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2003
SE
Hi.

Earlier i had to change our ip address on our proxy server, adn i logged in on the client and changed the address on the administrators account, but that didnt changed for the others so i have to manually change the ip on all other accounts. Is it any better way to do it 1 time and that does it for all users?

Best regards Dth

Good Morning,

Do you have a Group Policy on your server? It would be easy enough to add the new settings to this, which would make the changes on the desktops.

Russell.

I suppose you are not using DHCP to get your Ip addresses?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Open your registry and find the key below. You may have to create the keys and values"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
Change the value of "ProxyEnable" and set it to "1". Change the value of "ProxyServer" and set it to an IP address and port that is your proxy server on your network such as "10.0.0.1:5555" (i.e. "IP:port").

Export the key as proxy.reg

In the logon script for each user:

regedit /s proxy.reg

Hi. But regular users cant make any changes in teh registry if nt administrator?

Best regards Dth71

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back