Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prowler Port Config ... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastbusy

MIS
Nov 30, 2000
GB

Does anyone know how to configure a Prowler / TN2302's network port to be 100MBpS full duplex instead of auto-detect ?

Rgds,

Giles.

Telnet to the prowler board. The password for login will be plymouth or daimler(depending on the frimware version). Type the command "iplink 3". You will now need to reset the Prowler. Unseat the board and plug it back in or you can also type in the word reset on the prowler and it will reset the board. "ipstat" will display the boards current ethernet settings. Hope this helps.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for this information; sometimes it's hard for me to find out things like that.

Unfortunately, when telnetting with plymouth as authentication, I receive the following error when -

DL:DV32->
DL:DV32-> Invalid command for this password

DL:DV32->

Any ideas ? To me this would suggest that our friends at Avaya have two levels of authentication.

Also, Chris, do you have a list of commands (or a ? / help equivalent for the telnet sesssion to the Prowler) please ?

Thanks once again.

Rgds,

Giles.

Avaya changed the passwords on some of the versions. If plymouth (all lower case) will not do it as you indicated, this is a lower level login, the daimler password should. I know the daimler password is for firmware 34. You have Firmware 32 but I suspect it is the same. This one should get you in. When you are at the command prompt type in "?" and you will see a list of the commands avaliable. quit will get you out.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back