Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Provisioning Phones in EM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogg1

Technical User
Nov 3, 2008
US
Does anybody provision phones un the Phones link in EM? We use another product to build phones but I have a customer that is moving from Opt.C 4.0 to CS1000E 7.5. They are a very small group and figured I would try and use the Phones Link in EM. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

This is a very trimmed down version of Telephony manager. Be careful using it. When you submit a change request it may or may not work but tell you its completed. I did a swap on 2 sets and a problem developed. It advised the swap could not be completed and the phones were gone. There appears to be several bugs that have not been worked out yet. good luck..

Did you have any issues with "Java Heap Memory error" when opening the Phones Link?

I've used this in Rls 6 and Rls 7 to build new phones using a template I created and it worked just great. Haven't tried it under Rls 7.5 yet though.

The only oddity I would mention is that for a MWK (message waiting key) it wanted it to be marp'd all the time which was weird.

You should deploy Subscriber Manager and do your changes there in 7.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back