Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Provide dial tone for caller from operator console 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

narogong

Technical User
Apr 27, 2009
ID
Hi, I have two analog trunks that connect it to the Meridian 61c. Is it possible to have the operator provide dial tone to the caller? and let the caller dial his own number.
I need your expert advise. thanks

Even if it is set up so you can do this, you would be opening yourself up to some major fraud potential along with some huge bills you were not expecting. While it is possible to do this, you might want to think long and hard about it and get someone much higher up to sign off on it first!

You would have the Operator transfer the caller to the Route Access Code. (the ACCD value in the route).

I worked at a place where a Telecom Wizard claimed to "have solved the fraud problem". So, right in front of them I called the main number, claimed to be someone important that needed to reach his wife, and had myself transferred to the Telecom Wizard's cell phone.

Most fraud is "social engineering". The trick is making it hard to transfer people out. By instructing them to do it makes you more vulnerable than ever.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Thank you all, the idea is, Caller is calling to the operator and operator dial the acod to get dial tone but operator is unable to release the tone to the caller.

GHTROUT gave you the answer "You would have the Operator transfer the caller to the Route Access Code. (the ACOD value in the route)", but i have a feeling your gonna change this practice after your first BILL

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Post the Route and we can probably resolve the problem where the Operator cannot deliver the dial tone to the caller.

You might find she can, but the Loop Key simply remains active on her console. If so, loop in to join the party to the dial tone, press release, then calls will come in on the next key up.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT x
DES yyyyyy
TKTP COT
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
PRIV NO
RPA NO
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK NO
ISDN NO
PTYP ACO
AUTO YES
ACMP NO
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH RRB
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD xx
CPP NO
TARG 01 02 03
BILN NO
OABS
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
DSI 34944
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GTO 896
GTI 896
ARP 3
SFB 3
CRD 512
IENB 5
TFD 0
LEXT 100
VGD 6
SST 3 0
DTD NO
SCDT NO
2 DT NO
NEDC ETH
FEDC ETH
CPDC NO
SPCT IMM
HOLD 02 02 40
SEIZ 02 02
RGFL 02 02
RVSD 08 31
ILLR 02 02
DDO NO
DRNG NO
CDR YES
INC NO
LAST YES
QREC NO
OAL YES
AIA YES
OAN YES
OPD NO
NDP EXC 0
CDRX NO
NATL YES
SSL
CFWR NO
IDOP NO
MUS NO
MR NO
PANS YES
MANO NO
EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 1
FRL 2 2
FRL 3 3
FRL 4 4
FRL 5 5
FRL 6 6
FRL 7 7
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TDET NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
PLEV 2
RCAL NO
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
PECL NO
DCTI 0
TIDY xx x
SGRP 0
AACR NO

Trunk Data Block

TN l s c u
TYPE COT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XCOT
FWTM NO
BIMP 3COM
TRK ANLG
NCOS 0
RTMB XX X
ATDN XXXX
SIGL LOP
SUPN YES
AST NO
IAPG 0
SEIZ NO
PPID 6
BTID 6
CLS UNR DTN CND WTA LPR APN THFD BARD CLID P10 LOL
TKIK

If it were me, I'd test with these settings, trying them in this order:

1. Route: Set both EOD and ODT to 512. Then test.
2. Route: Consider TFD 3600 to limit call duration to 60 minutes (or TFD 1800 to limit to 30 minutes)
3. Trunk: Set SUPN to NO. Then test. Return to YES if no change.
4. Route: Set MANO to YES. Then test. Return to YES if no change.
5. Trunk: Consider re-ordering these trunks as Ground Start - then changing SIGL to GRD.

The Operator may still have the call stuck on her Loop Key, but it will not stop her from delivering dial tone to the caller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back