Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proven Code Stopped Working - Does not appear to be a references issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinaS

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
Help :(

I have HOURS into this database setup, and noticed all of a sudden my ENVIRON("USERNAME") was not working.. I thought it was acting funny based on other posts(i.e. not reliable), but then tried it as a function/api instead - still didnt work, then I noticed that NONE of my code is working. It all just STOPPED. I opened a backup of the database from yesterday and the code is stopped there too - but was working this morning. Does anyone have ANY ideas??? I dont understand what has happened - or why the same quirkiness is happening on a backup that was fine when I zipped it.

I saw the other post similar to this that it may be references related - but I tried what that poster did and it is not working. Can someone advise other things to try to fix this? THANK YOU!

well I found it. SOMEHOW the trust center settings were corrupted. I never changed them, and when i was viewing the trust center settings the folder and 'sub folder' option was checked.

I decided to re-fresh the path just to see, and when I went to 'modify' the path, I noticed the 'sub folder' option was not checked. I dont know how it corrupted, but it did. that simple check box solved my problem.

I can't believe i stressed so much, but never expected it to corrupt like that. And the view when I opened the trust center showed the sub folders option as checked - wasn't until I chose modify that it changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back