Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proven code has stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpochoda

Technical User
Dec 5, 2004
US
All my code in all my db's are suddenly generating the “Object or class does not support the set of events” error whenever a form event triggers a procedure. I’m running Access 2003 on a stand-alone machine. The db's are in Access 2000 format. Compact and Repair doesn't help. Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help.

These are the references currently checked:

VB for Applications
MS Access 12.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
MS VB for Application Extensibility 5.3
MS DAO 3.6 Object Library

I unchecked the last three (couldn't uncheck the 1st two), closed the db, reopened and rechecked these references. No difference. Should anything else be checked? Any ideas why things have changed?

Does the db compiles properly ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

No error messages when run Compile if that's what you mean.

Well guys, it was a reference problem as expected. The last recommended article concerned Vista which wasn't relevant here -- I'm running XP -- but it did link to "Solving Problems with Library References, which linked to
"Access References Problems".

It suggested two possible quick fixes: "(1) select an additional reference at random, back out of the dialog, then go back in and unselect the reference you just added. (2)If that doesn't solve the problem, try to unselect as many of the selected references as you can (Access may not let you unselect them all), back out of the dialog, then go back in and reselect the references you just unselected."

I had already tried (2) with no success, but (1) fixed the problems.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back