Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Protectnig tables 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamziSaab

MIS
May 7, 2003
GB
is there an option in access which will protect tables from being altered. i.e. basically make tables read only.

Set the startup properties to open with a form and uncheck Display Database window.

Tools - Startup - Display Form/Page

You can then disable shift upon starup, which will disallow users form opening in design view with the shift key.

I found the following db awhile ago, which allows you to disable and enable the shift key of the specified database. You can download it from

Hello RamziSaab,
If I understand what you are asking then you can:
Divide the database into two parts, one being the backend and the other being the frontend. On the front-end you can supply the user with a form where the user can select their criteria and the output is either displayed on the form or as a report. With the form you can protect the data from being changed "read-only" or output to the printer as a report. The data you provide is only the field you supply the user to see weather it is from a result of a query or from a report.

Hope this helps you?

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back