Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Protection of Word Document

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnc123

Technical User
Mar 25, 2001
AU
In MS Office 97, I could protect one section of the Word Document, while leaving the other section free to be edited. I am ofcourse talking about protection for forms.

In MS Word 2003, they have changed the complete dialogue box for protection and I cannot find any way that I can protect one section of the form, while leaving another section unprotected.

So, can anyone drop-in an idea or two?

Thanks.

I don't have 2003, I am using 2002. 2002 certainly allows you to select specific sections for forms. What does the dialog look like????

Gerry

Under "Editing Restrictions" (section 2) of the dialog in the Task Pane, when you select "Filling in Forms" from the dropdown, a "Select sections..." 'hyperlink' appears. Click on this to get the dialog where you can select the sections you want protected.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Thanks Tony,

I see it now.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back