Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Protect Data in Form View

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaga9

Technical User
Jun 8, 2007
CA
Is it possible to protect the data on the form level without installing user level security?

If data must be deleted I would like the only way for it to be possible is to go to the table in datasheet view and remove it there.
The reason for this is that I am having trouble with users accidentally replacing existing job numbers when they try to add new ones.

also I should note that I understand that if I were to make the changes w/o using user level security I too would be confined by the boundaries. This is fine.
Thanks

SL

You can lock specific text boxes on your form if you don't want users to be able to edit the contents, for example, your job number field.

Or you can look at the Form properties and set the Allow Edits, Allow Additions, Allow Deletions properties to whatever you want. So, if users can create new records but not edit existing records you can allow additions but not allow edits.

thanks alot!
thats exactly what I am trying to do!

How are ya slaga9 . . .

You can make the form read only!. In design view set the following properties:

Allow Edits No
Allow Deletions No
Allow Additions No

Note: these properties can be controlled thu VBA making it possible to control who can edit or not! . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back