Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prosignia 200 PII233 : *.cfg Files for Ultra ATA IDE Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapibobo

Technical User
Aug 8, 2002
ID
Could anyone know how to make *.cfg files for Promise Fasttrack100 TX2 Ultra ATA IDE Controller for Prosignia 200 PII233 BIOS (P05)? It seems that the system board recognize the card as "PCI Mass Storage Controller" but dont detect any hard drive attached to it. It's really drives me nuts. Windows 2000 can load the card's driver without the harddrive (boot with system board IDE controller), but when i attach a hard rive to it (as a second hard drive), Windows 2000 hang when loading.
Can i use any *.cfg files for SMART SCSI? Some *.cfg files are preloaded with System Configuration Utility v. 2.58A but none of them are used for IDE Controller. I think without those files i wont be able to boot with the drive or use it as a slave.
Please help me.

Hi

I've got similar problems with an old SNI P-100 Motherboard !!! The controller doesn't detect any connected IDE-Devices...

Have you found a solution for your problem...

Please let me know !!!

cu agentw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back