Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro's and con's to using Epicor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2006
US
We are looking a new ERP system to replace the one we currently use (Macola's Progression). My company has different entities that either manufacture or distribute machine tools.

We will be looking at Axapta, Navision, Syspro, Epicor, Exact ES and maybe a couple of others.

My question to the Epicor users is simple, what do you like or dislike about the software?

I am familiar with many of the systems you have listed. I previously worked for Syspro for 7 years. In fact I have presented seminars on how to select ERP systems for APICS.

What type of mfg is yours and what specifically is the product? Also where are you located? Local support can be poor to excellent depending upon where you are located.

Hi,

I am epicor Vantage user. I would definetly advise to look at it through the selection process, especially compared to the other systems. However, like the previous reply, without knowing what type of company and your requirements I can't give any advice on the good and bad points.

If you're heavy into manufacturing, I'd recommend Epicor's Vantage to you. Epicor Enterprise won't do it, it's not real heavy on the manufacturing part. We use Epicor Enterprise since years, we started off with 7.0. I used to work in technical support at Epicor for years. What customers in general like is that it is open code, you can customize most of it yourself, saves you a bundle on fees for consultants and speeds up how fast you have a customization available. I think there are more sophisticated programs out there but they are much more expensive. Epicor is for mid-market size companies and I think you get a very good value for your money.

I think that you should see what is the critic point to your Business and what is recomending the Epicor consulting, But I have worked witf Enterprise and it is very strong in Financials and distribution, but in the manufacture part is not so complete. But if you are looking for a software of manufacture I think the best idea is vantage.

I like that it is easy customizable, saves you a ton of money. It's a good value for the money. Technical support is good. Epicor really tries to work with you, they don't just sell you something and then try to sell you some more. They are really determined to keep you happy long after you bought the initial program. I like that they are using newest technologies. We use eFrontOffice for our sales people and customer service and technical support. eBackOffice for financial department. FRx for financial reporting. doc-link for paperless environment and Star Project accounting for our consultants. All programs are interfaced with each other, all done by Epicor, works flawless.

Another message board to review is ITToolbox.com It seems to be fairly objective and you may get a more unbiased view about Epicor and almost any other system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back