Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Properties Information EPO 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvas457

Programmer
Apr 4, 2001
US
Can someone tell me how to update or refresh the Properties page information. After installing/upgrading from VS 7.1 to 8.0 the Properties page list the properties for both 7.1 and 8.0.

thanks,
mvas

Run an agent wake up call. But if your installation got messed up, i've see it report both, then I had to uninstall all mcafee products and reinstall.

mvas457,

I normally have my clients communicate every 3 hours, but for PCs I schedule for VirusScan upgrades from 7.1 to 8.0i, I've set communications to occur every 10 minutes and to perform a full inventory scan. Usually after the 8.0 upgrade, I get both 7.1 and 8.0 showing up in the Properties, but if I wait long enough, the client eventually shows only 8.0. Like Xavier2 said, you can do an Agent Wakeup Call and it will speed up reporting.

Of course, I've also encountered cases where it will always report both 7.1 and 8.0 and physically checking the PC also shows both 7.1 and 8.0 files, which meant a full remove and reinstall of VirusScan.

Right click on directory and select refresh. That doesn't always happen automatically. New computers on the network are not shown and computers show without agents after the agent has been installed.

I'm not sure why McAfee doesn't do this automatically. It applies to 2.5, 3.0 and 3.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back