Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Properties in a form 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsdjsd

Technical User
Oct 21, 2005
US
Is there a list somewhere that explains what each choice in the property box does? I was curious what "cycle" is, and a few others.
Thanks!

Just click in the box next to the property and hit F1. It'll explain what the property does, what parameters to use and sometimes gives examples.

How are ya jsdjsd . . .

What [blue]fneily[/blue] has just described is called [blue]Context Sensitive Help[/blue] and you can use it just about anywhere.

In VBA put the cursor on a word or typed word and hit F1!

MsA's help is not exactly the best but the [blue]Context Sensitive Help[/blue] is surperb!

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

I was curious what "cycle" is

"CYCLE" means "what do you want the form to do when you tab out of the last text control on the form?

1) CURRENT RECORD means go back to the first control on the form, staying positioned at the current record. (RECOMMENDED - bouncing off the record on screen suddenly can be very confusing to the user).

2) ALL RECORDS means position to the next record in the source, and place the cursor on the first text control of the form.

I've never used "Current Page" so I can't tell you anything about that. I ALWAYS set CYCLE to "Current Record", no matter what. When my users want to position to a different record from what is on screen, I let them initiate that action, not the computer.

--------------------------------------
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

THanks! This is excellent advice!

"I've never used "Current Page" so I can't tell you anything about that. I ALWAYS set CYCLE to "Current Record", no matter what. When my users want to position to a different record from what is on screen, I let them initiate that action, not the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back