Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Properly Network MIC's with Point to Point PRI 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysTool

Technical User
Jan 25, 2009
US
I am trying to connect (2) MICS Systems with a Point to Point PRI. Using Rad IP MUX-11's at each site acting as the LEC providing the PRI. MICS at one site is R6.1 and at the other is R7.0. PRI enabler codes are installed. I have sync lights on rad equipment and alarm lights are off. I have checked parameters to match, PRI, ESF, B8ZS etc..., The clocking is set to Primary on both [this may be my biggest reason why not working] I have set up a route, a dest code, target lines. I get a "no lines Free" message when attempting to dial. Anyone ever configure like this with or without the RAD Mux-11's?

as hawks says

by the way the clocking card is a six port fiber/combo card

All Things Are Possible With Time And Lots And Lots of Money

mike

ok, that makes sense. I do have combo card in both switches. I do not have a T1 to the outside world only copper co's. These T1's are point to point for interoffice calling primarily. In this case where can I generate clock from? I will not get it from the CO and I am hoping one of the T1 cards can generate clock "Master". I'm learning :)
I worked with RAD tech support today and definetly have a clock issue. We are showing a lot of slips so the D channel is not syncing up. I think I need to figure out the clocking. Any thoughts givin this info? Thank You.

one card in the setup needs to be master. only one.the others as slave

i did a quick check on you mux -11 (looks strait forward)

how far are the systems from each other ,
you said something about wireless, are you using wireless for the t1 alone or running data as well

if you can get the systems side by side then all you need is a cross over cable ( can't remember the pins for t1 at the moment)

so all you need is a extender of those pairs , i have gone 600 feet to connect 2 systems with copper( just to see if it would work) worked fine for the 2 week test

mike

i reread the original message and have a question

when you had it connected did you get the correct lights on the dti cards?

and 2 did you setup the routing codes to grab (pool A)
or (pri pool A )??

mike

D-Channel means you have it set up as PRI. If that is the case then you need the MCDN keycode to open up the Sl1 Protocol. Then you will see MASTER & SLAVE.

Ok guys I got the MCDN Keycodes today and am going to install and do the Master / Slave arrangement. I do have the correct lights on the T1 Cards and did sync up to the mux's I did use a T1 crossover cable from DTI to Mux. pin out is (FYI) 1 to 4, 2 to 5, 4 to 1, 5 to 2. :) The Mux's are connected vis wireless [motorola canopy product] @30Mb pipe, Data is working fine. Too far for copper. I'll let you know if the system play nice with the MCDN Advanced Private Networking Keycodes. Thanks for all the help.

Some success! I was able to get the 3 sites to pass intercom calls today. However, they will only call from middle site to perimeter site and visa versa not from perimeter site to other perimeter site which would involve passing through the middle switch. (2) PRI cards in middle switch. Middle switch is 6.1 other two are 7.0. I believe I do need 7.0 at middle switch.

PRI enabler & MCDN keycodes at all sites. SL-1 using CDP. Master at middle site on both PRI Cards, masterclock at middle site on only one PRI Card all others set to primary. Works pretty good. I have some more reading to do. More feedback would be appreciated.

You'll need to build a remote package to allow access, and assign it to the PRI's in the main system. This way site C can place a call through Site A and complete to site B. Site B can do the same thing going back to C through A. It's been awhile since I set 3 up together if I come across any notes I'll poet them.

thanks hawks, i'll look into that as well. is there a "allow redirect" setting I could just say "Y" to?

Hawk, remote pkgs worked! I am now passing calls between all 3 switches. Thank You. I want to thank all of you for all your help. Everyone's input pointed me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back