Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

proper reg keys to export 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamray

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2005
US
We run a 2003 Remote Desktop environment. All users are set with mandatory profiles (not roaming). On log off, a script copies up reg keys for Outlook, Office, and IE to the users home directory. On login a script runs to restore users settings. I am having difficulty finding the proper reg keys to copy for a one of our users who is monitoring a web cam that utilizes Active X. Each day they access the web cam for the first time, it requires they answer a couple questions about some Active X controls, etc... Anyone know what reg keys to work with so the user does not need to answer the questions each time, or maybe a way to prevent the pop ups altogether?

Raymond

You have indicated that your users run mandatory profiles and your one user is prompted each time to install the ActiveX controls for the webcam. Have you tried giving him a standard profile allow to logon, run the webcam activeX control and then changing it back to mandatory?

Why are you not redirecting Application Data via GPO? That should resolve this issue.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

I do have this set in a GPO (\\truth-1\homes$\%USERNAME%\Application Data)

Any other ideas?

You have it set where in a GPO? Are you using the folder redirection section?

Regards,

Mark

Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

User configuration, Windows Settings, Folder Redirection

event viewer shows:

Successfully redirected folder Application Data.

That should be what you need. As was suggested above, I would ensure the ActiveX control is within your image.

Regards,

Mark

itsp1965's recommendation seems to have worked. Will reply if I need more help on this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back