Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prompts appearing slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlmbooz

Programmer
Jul 29, 2005
US
I have created a report that contains about 35 data providers. most of these dataproviders take a few seconds to run when run individually. it is a rather large report with 2 prompts. when exported to infoview, the report takes 2 minutes just for the prompts to appear. it runs fairly quickly in full client. when i hit run in full client, i do notice that it says updating data though at the bottom, once for every data provider it seems. it does this very quickly and the prompts then appear. i have a feeling this may be related to why the report's prompts take 2 minutes to appear when exported to infoview. does anyone know how i can get these prompts to appear faster. i figure there has to be a setting somewhere that im missing. thanks in advance.

What version? It should be better in 6.5.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

yeah - its in 6.5. not too fast unfortunately.

Your best option is to reduce the number of data providers drastically if at all possible. Are all the data providers based on the same universe or?

Not sure if this will help but in the universe if you uncheck the "automatic refresh before use" box under edit properties/properties tab of the objects that are used in the prompts.

I think this may speed up the opening of your prompts as they are not refreshing to the db each time you try to use them.

[bandito] [blue]DBomrrsm[/blue] [bandito]

[blue]Software code, like laws and sausages, should never be examined in production[/blue][black] - [/black][purple]Edward Tenner[/purple]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back