Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prompt within prompt question (3 prompts total)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridgeconsultant

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2003
GB
Hello,

I have a need to present to an end user in the web 3 prompts:

Prompt 1: Supplier Category

Prompt 2: Supplier name search(text value prompt - like % statement) wich only looks at suppliers from the supplier category chosen in prompt 1.

Prompt 3: Shopping cart that allows you to choose results of your text search from prompt 2.

Prompt within prompt does not work with value prompts. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I think this should work...
Create your prompt 3 as follows.

1. Create a hierarchy with just the Supplier attribute.
2. Filter the Supplier Attribute from the hierarchy editor using the Supplier Name Search filter.

This combines Prompt 2 and 3. Users will enter the supplier name string, then the 3rd prompt should populate based on the string search.

I got this to work.

1) Make "Supplier Category" element prompt that lists all elements no restrictions
2) Make "Supplier Name enter like" filter

3) combine 1 & 2 in filter named "Inner Prompt"

4) Create elements prompt that uses attribute Supplier Name that uses "Inner Prompt" filter to filter elements

The trick is that #1 and #2 above are independent of each other - no restrictions on #1. Then combine the two in a filter which in turn is used in the final prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back